Friday, May 7, 2010

Praise God that Brady's okay!

We have never had any problems with our dogs interacting with Brady. Normally they just get up and leave if he gets too close or is pulling their hair too hard. That changed today.

Molly went at his face. He simply approached her while she was lying on her bed and she started biting him. It was my worst nightmare. I've never been an aggresive person but I really hope that the kick I delievered to her face did some damage.

After a quick assessment of Brady's injuries I drove to the ER. It was torture listening him cry in his carseat and not being able to comfort him. Those 2 minutes were the longest of my life! He got 4 stiches in a gash above his right eye, and one in a puncture wound on his forehead. He also bit his lip and has several scratches on the right side of his face. I praise God that his eyes, ears, and mouth are all fine!

It was a rough day, but the swelling in his lip is going down. Unfortunately the swelling and bruising of the rest of his face is just beginning. I'm glad he is a tough little guy, and even more thankful that he will not remember being attacked.

Molly is at some friends' house in an outside kennel. If I would have had a gun, and better yet actually known how to shoot one, she'd already be dead. We need to observe her for 10 days and then she will most likely be put down. I'm not sad. You don't mess with a momma.

1 comment:

  1. What a scary experience. I'm with you on being protective for my children too. Sometimes we need to keep our animals away from the kids since they think they are a toy. We will geta lot of blessing with God watching over us and our family.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete