Thursday, October 15, 2009

I want to Break Free

I have just started the Beth Moore Bible study Breaking Free. I haven't gotten very far yet, but I have already been truly blessed by what I've learned. Being a wife and a working, nursing mother doesn't give me very much spare time, but I'm committed to growing closer to the Lord as I've felt myself slip away as life gets more demanding. This morning I did my study while Brady nursed. It worked pretty well until my right hand was no longer free to write!

The memory verse for this week is:

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners..." Isaiah 61:1

God has blessed me with a wonderful family and job, but he has also anointed me to do his work--work that is by far more important and glorifying than my everyday obligations. Anointing is a sacred dedication! I want to obey and follow God's direction by doing his work.

I'm really looking forward to learning how to break free from the things that hold me back from doing God's work. May he be glorified through my growth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment